India Live at World Athletics Championships Day 2 – WAC 2022 Live Results: Men’s Long Jump Final: India’s hopes now rest on Murali…
India World Athletics Championships Day 2 Live – WAC 2022 Live Results: Men’s Long Jump Final: India’s hopes now rest on Murali Sreesankar who qualified for the men’s long jump final on Day 2 of the World Athletics Championships. Meanwhile, Parul Chowdhury recorded his personal best but it was not enough as he failed to clear the heats. Chaudhary recorded a time of 9:38.09, but managed to finish 12th in his heat. MP Jabir also made an early exit finishing seventh in his heat with 50.76 to end his campaign. Follow World Athletics Championship updates with InsideSport.IN
Also read: World Athletics Live Broadcast: World Athletics Championships set mega-record, 200 countries to broadcast biggest-ever athletics event live
Murali Sreesankar has had an impressive season so far. Kerala’s long jumper made history by reaching the final, but that was expected. His biggest test will be in the finals, where all the long jumpers will step up their game in the medal round.
WAC 2022 Live Results – Men’s Long Jump Final: Among the 12 jumpers who advanced to the finals, Sreesankar’s jump of 8 meters was the seventh best in the qualification. But he will go to the final with a positive mindset. He has one of the best jumps of the year at 8.36m and anywhere near that mark could land him the elusive medal at WCH Oregon 2022.
However, the likes of Miltiadis Tentoglou, Thobias Montler and Simon Ehammer will also be eyeing a podium finish. It will be interesting to see how Yuki Hashioka, who registered the best leap in qualifying at 8.18, fares in the final.
Murali Sreesankar qualified in the long jump event #WAC2022 with a jump of 8.00m.
— Naveen N (@iamyournaveen) July 16, 2022
Indian hurdler MP Jabir will also be seen in action on Day 2 of the World Championships. He is going to feature in the second hit. She has her task out in a competitive field, including world number one Alison dos Santos. He must finish in the top four in his heat to earn an automatic spot in the semifinals.
Everything you need to know about India on World Athletics Day 2 Live
3000m steeplechase women’s heats
- Parul Chowdhury
- Hit 2, 11:20 pm
- Parul ended her campaign by finishing 12th in her heat despite a personal best of 9:38.09.
400m hurdles heats
- MP Jabir
- Heat 2, 1:57 am
- Jabir had a day to forget, finishing last in his heat with a mark of 50.76.
Men’s Long Jump Final
- Murali Sreesankar
- 6:50 am IST
Second Day World Athletics Live: The detailed schedule for the second day of the tournament is given below. The times given above are indicated in local time and PDT or Pacific Daylight Time.
- Triple Jump: Qualification (Women) will be held at 10:30 am
- 3000m Steeplechase: Heats (Women) will be held at 10:35 am
- High Jump: Qualification (Women) will be held at 11:10 AM
- 110 Meter Hurdles: Heats (Men) will be held at 11:25 AM
- Hammer Throw: Final (Men) will be held at 12 noon
- 10,000m: Final (Women) will be held at 12:20 PM
- 400m Hurdles: Heats (Men) will be held at 01:20 PM
- 100m: Heats (Women) will be held at 05:10 pm
- 100m: Semi-finals (Men) will be held at 06:00 PM
- Long Jump: Final (Men) will be held at 06:20 PM
- Shot Put: Final (Women) will be held at 06:25 PM
- 1500m: Heats (Men) will be held at 06:30 PM
- 1500m: Semi-final (Women) will be held at 07:05 PM
- 100m: Final (Men) will be held at 07:50 PM
Follow World Athletics Championship updates with InsideSport.IN