IPL 2023 Trading Window – IPL 2023 Auction: While cricket fans eagerly await the Asia Cup and T20 World Cup, the IPL…
IPL 2023 Trading Window – IPL 2023 Auction: While cricket fans eagerly await the Asia Cup and T20 World Cup, the IPL franchises have started preparing the player lists for release ahead of the IPL 2023 mini auction. Before that, IPL 2023 will have an exciting trading window where players can move from one franchise to another before the auction. Chennai Super Kings’ Ravindra Jadeja could be the biggest name in this year’s trading window. Follow IPL 2023 live updates on InsideSport.IN
“We are looking at December-January or early February for the auction. Before that, the trade window will return. The trade window will open around November or early December, depending on the final auction date.
This will be a short auction as we had a big one last season. The last auction was the main one and the next three will be smaller auctions as teams look to build squads,” A senior BCCI official told InsideSport.IN.
IPL 2023: Biggest news of IPL season 16 is out, Ravindra Jadeja – Chennai Super Kings to split?
India Cricket Schedule: BCCI and PCB face off, IPL and PSL to clash in 2025 as BCCI gets two-and-a-half month window for IPL, follow live updates
IPL 2023 trading window opens in November, is CSK listing Ravindra Jadeja for trade?
Is CSK listing Ravindra Jadeja for trade? Chennai Super Kings’ Ravindra Jadeja could be the biggest name in the IPL transfer market this year. The Indian all-rounder, who joined the franchise in 2012, has been dropped from CSK.
He was unceremoniously removed from the captaincy in the middle of IPL 2022 and MS Dhoni was reinstalled as the captain. But the turnaround didn’t go well as CSK finished 9th with just four wins.
InsideSport has learned that Jadeja is not in touch with the franchise since IPL 2022 and wants to move on. Although he has a three-year contract with CSK, he is angry with the franchise for not giving him a longer rope as captain. Jadeja has already deleted all the pictures and videos of his CSK day from his social media account. He even unfollowed CSK.
- Jadeja has decided to sever all ties with the franchise since stepping down as captain.
- Jadeja underwent rehabilitation at NCA for his RIB injury.
- But despite still being contracted to CSK, did not inform CSK about his injury.
- Jadeja has deleted all his CSK-related posts from his social media accounts.
- Jadeja was also the only player who was not part of the video released by CSK to wish captain Dhoni on his birthday.
As the two teams are not on good terms, Chennai Super Kings may offload the star in the trading window. But for that to happen, CSK and Jadeja will have to have offers from other franchises.
“It is clear that he is unhappy and very hurt. He will look for options, let’s see how things pan out,” Said the person who works closely for Jadeja.
IPL 2023 trading window: Who is expected to be traded?
- Ravindra Jadeja (CSK)
- Tymal Mills (MI)
- Adam Milne (CSK)
- Manish Pandey (LSG)
- Vijay Shankar (GT)
- Shah Rukh Khan (PBKS)
IPL 2023 Trading Window: Everything You Need To Know About IPL 2023 Auction
- The IPL 2023 auction could be held in early January or late December.
- The trading window will be open one month before the auction.
- Only up to three players can be traded in the IPL 2023 trading window.
- The IPL auction will be a short affair with franchises strengthening squads rather than overhauling them.
- Most teams will be able to hold their core with 9 players.
- However, fine prints have not yet been discussed. The IPL Governing Council will meet after the BCCI AGM and discuss the auction and other dates.
- BCCI will re-introduce RTM (Right to Match) during the auction.
- IPL 2023 will return to home and away format as ICC has given BCCI a longer period of 75 days from next season.
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow IPL 2023 live updates with InsideSport.IN