A total of 2,458 views, 2,458 views
Cricket Ireland today announced a 14-member squad for the Ireland Men’s One-Day International series against New Zealand at Malahide. From 10-15 July 2022.
The three-match series will be part of the ICC World Cup Super League, to capture 30 important points.
The North West Warriors squad has two names – top-order batsman Stephen Doheny and bowling all-rounder Graham Hume. Cricket Ireland recently handed over retainers to both players.
- Doheny, 23, played his club cricket with the Marion and is the current top run scorer in the Inter-Provincial Twenty20 Trophy with 158 runs at an average of 52.67, with a highest score of 74 *. Dohny topped the 50-over inter-provincial competition with a top score of 97 with a valuable run of 146 at 36.50.
- Hume, 31, played for Warringtown at club level andRecently qualified for Ireland through residency. Hume has claimed 10 wickets at an average of just 9.40 in inter-provincial 50-overs this season and 7 wickets at 14.71 in T20 trophy competition.
Ireland men’s ODI squad for the New Zealand series
- Andrew Balbirney (captain), Mark Adair, Curtis Camper, Gareth Delaney, George Dockrell, Stephen Doheny, Graham Hume, Josh Little, Andrew McBrain, Simi Singh, Paul Sterling, Harry Tector, Lorraine Tucker.
Andrew WhiteThe chair of the national men’s selectors, says:
“Playing against the world’s number one ODI team will always be a challenge, but with 30 World Cup Super League points on the line, the series has become even more significant. ODI cricket is one of the formats we have performed most consistently in the last few years, and despite the young age profile of many in the squad, they have gained some significant experience in finding ways to win against top teams in recent times.
“With the recent retirement of William Porterfield, we have called up Stephen Doheny for his first ODI squad. Stephen has impressed coaches and selectors with his stroke play and is now beginning to define and transform start-ups at the inter-provincial and wolves stages into match-shaped innings. His form has confirmed his call to both squads of the white ball and we wish him well.
“It is equally gratifying to see Graham Hume get a chance in the ODIs after repeated seasons of consistent form in qualifying for Ireland. Hume has demonstrated his accuracy and ability to bounce and move around at home – we hope his early rewards will translate to a higher level of ability. ”
Cricket Ireland would like to thank Exchange 22, its primary team sponsor, for their support of Irish cricket.
Ireland men’s home fixtures schedule for 2022
Ireland Men vs India Men T20I Series
- Sunday 26 June: Ireland v India, 1St. T20I (Malahide)
- Tuesday 28 June: Ireland v India, 2nd T20I (Malahide)
Ireland Men vs New Zealand Men’s Series
- Sunday, July 10: Ireland vs. New Zealand, IISt. ODI (Malahide)
- Tuesday 12 July: Ireland vs. New Zealand, IInd ODI (Malahide)
- Friday 15 July: Ireland vs. New Zealand, 3rd ODI (Malahide)
- Monday, July 18th: Ireland vs. New Zealand, IISt. T20I (Stormont)
- Wednesday, July 20th: Ireland vs. New Zealand, IInd T20I (Stormont)
- Friday 22 July: Ireland vs. New Zealand, 3rd T20I (Stormont)
Ireland Men vs South Africa Men’s T20 Series
- Wednesday, August 3: Ireland vs. South Africa, 1St. T20I (Bristol)
- Friday 5 August: Ireland vs. South Africa, IInd T20I (Bristol)
Ireland Men vs Afghanistan T20 Series
- Tuesday 9 August: Ireland vs. Afghanistan, IISt. T20I (Stormont)
- Thursday, August 11: Ireland vs. Afghanistan, IInd T20I (Stormont)
- Friday 12 August: Ireland vs. Afghanistan, 3rd T20I (Stormont)
- Monday, August 15th: Ireland vs. Afghanistan, 4M T20I (Stormont)
- Wednesday 17 August: Ireland vs. Afghanistan, 5M T20I (Stormont)
LiveScores is now available at IrishScores.com